Sunday 10 December 2017

Apprendre en faisant

This past week our Grade 8 students had the privilege of attending a workshop called Apprendre en faisant which allowed them to experience fun, hands-on activities while being immersed in French.  This event was attended by Grade 8 students from Winnipeg and around Manitoba.  Here's what a few students had to say about it:


"My favorite workshop was chocolate-making because it was fun. I ate food and made hilarious new friends. I even worked as being a translator for him. It took me a while to melt my chocolate because it kept clumping and (we) painted our flower-shaped molds. It was a great experience, and I really extended my vocabulary."


"My favorite workshop was chocolate making, because I had fun and I made friends! The chocolate was delicious. First, we picked what colours we wanted and put them in cups and put (the cups) in boiling water and mixed it until it melted.  (We) painted the molds and poured (the chocolate) into the moulds."



"Chocolate making was my favorite. The vocabulary was fairly easy to understand for us...We had to paint the molds with coloured, melted chocolate. We painted trees and flowers on the molds and then filled them with chocolate. They were delicious."


"My favorite workshop was karate!"


All students agreed that drama was a lot of fun as well.


The drumming workshop was run by a very talented drummer who had some very interesting instruments from other countries. We even drummed while speaking French phrases like  "J'aime bien manger la crème glacée."


The magic tricks that we learned were amazing. 



Mmm...making chocolate chip Belgian waffles with a luscious raspberry sauce and powedered sugar was a great hit!


This was a spoon-playing workshop unlike any other. We learned how to play along with traditional French tunes from around the world plus a couple modern favorites such as "What does the fox say?" and "Happy" ! It was a riot!



Yes, and there was even more food...a variety of pizzas for lunch plus salad, fruit, granola bars, juice, water and pop.  Needless to say, our Grade 8's highly recommend Apprendre en français for our Grade 8's next year! Merci beaucoup to Mme Boutet and her team of amazing instructors and volunteers who put on a day for Grade 8 students that did not disappoint!


Bonne semaine,

Mme Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment